Where Your At............

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beautiful Blooming Onion

This Beautiful Home style Blooming Onion was the best! This again, was something that I was playing with in my little coffee kitchen. I just love to mix up spices...a dash of this with a pinch of that and throw it together and have a ball!! lol..Well, kind of like that.



I took a large onion and cut not quite to the core. Make sure its all together and that you DO NOT cut through the onion. Then I dipped it in some organic butter milk (let it set for about 10-15 minutes). After soaking in butter milk, then toss it in your flour mixture. I use: flour, corn flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Make sure the whole onion is cover - check in between each layer as well. The key is to coat EVERYTHING. Then fry your onion - right side up. Make sure the layers are spread apart. (I use organic peanut oil - but you can use whatever you have in your pantry)

Then once it starts to float to the top its done. Take out - very carefully, and let it rest on a cooling rack (covered with paper towels) to soak up the remaining oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...