Where Your At............

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pancit Bihon


Friday I thought that I would make pancit again for everyone. Of course, I love it and the kids really seem to enjoy it as well. So, whatever they eat I tend to make it as much as I can. It's something good and "healthy" that they love. So as I started to get things ready, I thought..hey I should post this for everyone to see how it all comes down. Try it and tell me what how it turns out for you.


Start first by cooking the rice noodles in boiling water till about done. Note to not get them over cooked and not still hard. Sometimes you might have to do it a couple of times like me to make sure you get it perfect for the dish. lol... After cooked, drain and let it sit aside till you need them.


Then brown your chicken in a nice large wok till done and place a side to drain. If you do not have a wok a nice large pan will also work. Have about 3 T. of hot oil ready before dropping your chicken in. Just be careful to not get splattered by the oil.


Here is your line up of ingredients. I've got 2 cloves of medium size of minced garlic, 1 egg, shredded cabbage, julienne carrots and sliced chicken. This is what I had on hand, but you can put anything really you would like.

To get the rice noddles I went to our local Asian food market. Google one to see which one is closer to you and ask for the rice noodles if you don't know what your getting.



In the same wok you cooked your chicken, cook your veggies as well.



Then add your already soften rice noodles to your veggies and stir till everything is combined. Add your season in your half of cup water and let it cook/steam till all the liquid is gone. Making sure you toss/stir frequently to avoid everything from sticking.

Serve with a set of tongs and you have your quick and easy meal already. It also goes well with lumpia...Enjoy!


After 3 servings of it...I think my daughter likes it! She piles enough in her mouth that she can that it just goes all over the place...but at least she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...