Where Your At............

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stromboli for the first time...

This afternoon I was feeling the stromboli type today. So I looked in the fridge and came up with this...

Before adding the sauce, I covered the crust with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Then I added the sauce and started to layer. :)

Once everything was added I eye balled it and cut little slit on the sides making sure I had the same amount of slits on both sides and pulled them together doing every other under and over.


Bake in the oven at 350* for about 15 minutes (of course depending on your oven) till golden brown. After it's done, let it sit for 5 minutes before serving to assure that everything is set.

Add extra cheese on the top or sauce would also be wonderful! Serve the remaining sauce for dipping too. The best thing is that you can add anything you like. It could be all veggies which would be my favorite or meat lovers for my husband. It's all up to you. No stromboli should be the same! Make mini ones as a family or for the kids to put together themselves. The options are endless!

And of course these are the types of things I just throw together and I have no idea really how much I put in. It starts with 1 pkg. of refrigerated Pillsbury Pizza Crust, about a 1 cup of Pasta Sauce, Grated Cheese (I used, cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan), Italian seasoning, salt & pepper to taste and then my leftovers I found. Which was yellow corn, ground beef, collard greens (seasoned). Put it together nice and pretty and presto...It's Dinner!! :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...