Where Your At............

Saturday, February 9, 2008

February 4, 2008

I had my doctors appointment last month. And I do have the gestational diabetes's =( not fun...which kind of surprises me since I did the test two weeks before Christmas and they just called me about 2 1/2 weeks ago to tell me that I needed to do the 3 hours test. Which they drew 4 of the tube thingy of blood every hour I was there. ...It was awful! My arms look really bad and hurt a lot. The guy that did it wasn't good in finding my veins. He had to poke me 2-3 times just to find my veins every 4 times he did it. =( Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper when I left not to mention that I wasn't allow to eat since 8pm the night before and when I left it was 12:30 pm =/

I had to go to a 2 hour class thing on the 22nd that talks about gestational diabetes's. And then on the 30th I had my next doctors appointment. Which they said that I am doing great with my new diet and that I really only need to take my meter only every other day. I still have to go every 2 weeks after I reach 34 weeks until I deliver. But with the every two weeks...every two weeks two days a week I have to go into the doctors to have them monitor me for 30 minutes to make sure that they baby is doing okay and that my blood sugar is okay. I am still at high risk pregnancy, but as of last week they said I am doing well, Thank Goodness!
After the baby is born and before I feed him, they will have to do blood work on him to make sure that his blood sugar is okay and normal. We have a lot of praying to do.

Other than that the baby is doing great! He's moving like crazy and loves to keep Mommy awake. =) My doctor said that they are thinking that he will come sometime in March. Prob. the middle to end of March....so we will see!! =)

This weekend I have had contractions on Sunday. Nothing really to be scared about, but enough to notice though. Sunday afternoon when I woke up from a nap, I noticed that the baby seemed to have dropped a lot and be laying much much lower than he normally does. about midnight, my contracts were about 15-20 minutes apart and Quinn and I were starting to get a little scared and worried. We made sure that we had something together just in case that we had to jump up and run to the hospital...just in case. We then fell asleep and I didn't wake back up till 6ish in the am. The baby had moved back up a little but the contractions had slowed to almost stopped. Today I took it easy at work. Thank goodness I haven't had too much of a scare then I did last night. My tummy has been really tight this evening, but hopefully nothing to really worry about...I hope and pray at least. My due date isn't till April 9th, so I am hoping that he will stay put till at least the middle to end of March. I at least pray that I can get through February at least. =D

We are getting excited and can't wait to meet our little Connor James!! Yes, that is the name that we have picked out. Connor is a name that Quinn and I really liked. It means "desired one" and James is my Daddy's name of course. =D Thought it was fitting since it is he first grandson.

Christina and Nevin are hoping to have their baby sometime this weekend. Which this Saturday is my birthday and would be just fitting if she came then...I hope at least and so do they...hehee they are ready! But Christina's due date is February 14th, at least it will be sometime this month. But Christina's midwife does think it will be any day now...I am just hoping for Saturday. ;)

Other than that, things are going well. We are getting things ready and making room for baby #2...Connor James. It's going to be so nice when he gets here...I am excited. But I am willing to wait till he is ready. ;D

Oh...and Quinn and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary this past Thursday. January 31st. we were married. Can't believe it has been 4 years already. Time does go by fast! Being married is great. Having a family is greater and being with the one you love around you is the greatest!! I love my family/ies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...