Where Your At............

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bread Crumbs

Bread Crumbs anyone? How many of you have bought the bread crumbs in the store? Did you know you can make your own? Not hard at all...

Of course I bread left over bread from the bread that I make. But you can make it from any kind of bread you wish.

In a food processor blend together. This might take a few minutes depending how big your bread is when you put it in.

Then add your spices. I used Italian spices.

My Italian Spice Blend

1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon marjoram
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon crushed fennel seed
1 tablespoon dried lemon peel (optional)

When storing this, you can use anything. I use a one of the baby food jars. Their great for storing things like this.

After it's all blended together, you can either broil it for a few seconds...make sure you stay at your oven or it will get black. Or just use it as it is. Sometimes I broil it and sometimes I don't. I guess it just depends on how much time you have.

Store in freezer in air tight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...