Where Your At............

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Connor James Aeschliman - March 28

We are very proud to announce that Connor James Aeschliman was born on March 28th, 2008 at 8:00 a.m. right on the dot. He was 6lbs, 14oz (well really 13.6 but they just rounded it off to 14) and 20 inches long. Perfect to say the least! =) ...but of course that's a new Mommy and Daddy talking for you. =)

We arrived at Chesapeake General Hospital at 5:00 a.m. Karla's c-section was scheduled for 7:30 a.m. They were a little late and didn't get started till a little after 7:30 a.m. It took a little more time since they had to go through some scare issuse from Karla's last c-section from Mckayla. He was born right at 8:00 a.m. Quinn said that when they brought him over to the little room on the side they had to put a tube down this throut cause to get the other access fluid out of his lungs. They said it was normal for c-section babies but it looks a like more serious than it really was. Of course I didn't see or know any of that was going on. I was a little bit worried at first cause he only made a little cry and then that was it for a little bit...of course a little bit seems like forever. During the whole surgrey I was very nausios throughout the whole time. I really couldn't "enjoy" the first time seeing Connor for the first time or really notice or care what was going on. I was trying to keep from throwing up. One of the nurses took the three of us picture right after I saw Connor...we call it "Karla's happy face" lol... soon after the picture was taken they gave me something to calm the naustion and everything. Which I was so very happy they did. After the c-section I went back into the recovery room. Quinn came back with me since he wasn't allowed to go with Connor to the nursary. They wanted to make sure Connor was okay cause he had so much fluide in his lungs that they had to drain. While in the recovery room, Quinn was making our phone calls to get family know that Connor James was here safe and sound and that Mommy too was doing well. W were in there for about an hour. Still very sick feeling but doing "ok" we was ready to see our little boy and hold him. Finally they rolled Karla back into a room they brought him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...